Friday, March 7, 2014

WOODEN TRAY MAKOVER





I have had this tray on hand from many years but never used it. My grandmother and I stumbled upon it at Winners one day so we bought home to her place where she kept it on a small table and had it propped up against the wall below the matching plates that we acquired on one of our MANY other visits to Winners.
Since her passing, it has been at my place serving even less of a purpose so I decided to give a makeover.



















It wasn't too difficult, just a light sanding all over to scuff up the paint.
Then some leftover white trim & door paint I had.
Cut 2 pieces of my favorite rope to use as handles and hot glued them in place.
Painted up some wooden rope trim to match, cut it to size and attached with No More Nails adhesive.

I still thought it needed a wee bit more contrast so I gave the inside another coat of paint this time using left over pale blue bathroom ceiling paint. I'd still like to get some metal cuffs to go around the bottoms of the rope, but I just can't seem to find them anywhere.  Anyhoodles, here you have it, as is for now - before...and afer...


 


 







No comments: