Friday, October 12, 2012

DRIFTWOOD FRAMES


I love the look of all things au natural.  Now that's not to say I want to see everyone walking around naked or in their skivvies, what I mean is I love decorating with driftwood, trees, twine, paper, birchbark, sand, linen, wool and so on.  I think it makes a home look and feel so cozy and warm.  So this past summer when we were at Wasaga Beach, with the help of my darling nephews Elijah & Malachi and my children we picked up as much drift wood sticks as we could carry.  I took the driftwood sticks home with the thought of making some frames out of them and this is what I came up with...


This is a picture that Chris and I bought from a store called Man Wah Tey in the small town of Whitney just outside of Algonquin Park.   We had picked it up as an anniversary gift for my dear Aunt & Uncle on our way to visit them at the cottage.  It has since made its way back to us and I just love it.



Naturally I didn't like the metal frame so I got out my glue gun and built up a driftwood frame instead.
 




This was just a plane-jane frameless mirror I picked up from Walmart for which I paid all of $10.00 for.  I then just kept stacking & fitting different size driftwood pieces on it and held them together with my almighty gluegun.

Note the wooden switchplates.  They are a work in progress...ahem Aunt Pennykins. ;)




No comments: