Friday, October 12, 2012

CEILING FAN & LIGHT PAINTOVER

Another thing that always bugged me since moving into this little house was the brass ceiling fan in the living room.  For years I thought about paiting it, but it seemed an impossible task getting it down, dissasembeling it and painting all those little pieces.  Then one of those inspiration days came along and up I went and down it came.  I gave it a few good coats of spray paint and back up she went. 

Sometimes things really aren't as bad or difficult as they seem or as we make them out to be.  Sometimes all we need is a little ambition, determination and patience and just to dive right in.



BEFORE - CEILING FAN & LIGHT IN BRASS


AFTER - PAINTED A OIL-RUBBED BRONZE COLOUR
 This is my little miracle product in a spray can. 
Rust-Oleum in Metallic Oil - Rubbed Bronze colour.


http://www.rustoleum.ca/CBGProduct.asp?pid=107&sid=253409  



Now I'm on a quest to replace those glass light shades to something else, not really sure what, but I'm looking around.

No comments: